Thursday, March 17, 2016

Progress: a few steps at a time, running!

Went for a hike in Pittsfield State Forest yesterday on a couple of nice bike trails--the Turner Trail and the Honolulu Trial. The Turner which I took first is a twisty route with a good steady climb for two miles. When I used to run it, I could make it up without stopping. Sadly, I'm not in that kind of shape now, but I did decide that I should try to run any incline that wasn't too steep, as well as the flats. 

I felt fine on the short sections while running, although a bit clumsy. Once on top of Honwee Mountain, the Honolulu Trail is mostly downhill. However, since it is a bike trail, there were numerous little climbs to enjoy even while descending.

Overall, I was delighted to do some running, even if it was slow and clumsy. :-) It was a start and today the knee felt just fine. Not that I'll be running on the AT, but running is still the best form of training, so I'll try to increase my running time over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment