Thursday, May 26, 2016

Day 51/May 22

Miles hiked: 13.61 in 5:02

Start: Millbrook Road, Blairsville, NJ

Finish: Delaware Water Gap, PA

Elevation gain: 1,473'


Another state bites the dust.


These former fire towers are now just gathering weather data; still some nice views from the top of the stairs.


A collection of cairns just off the trail, a miniature version of the Rock Garden in Vermont.

Today, Newton and I slackpacked southbound on the AT. I had to retrieve a shipment of supplies at the Post Office in Delaware Water Gap, but since we arrived at the Gap on Saturday night, I would have to wait until Monday to get my package. Rather than taking a zero day, I decided to get a shuttle to a road crossing up north and then to hike back to Delaware Water Gap. That worked great since it is so much easier hiking with a light load, not to mention that we had a net drop in elevation.

Route from my Suunto.


No comments:

Post a Comment