Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 97/July 7

Miles hiked: 15.30 in 7:12

Start: Mile 2089.9, junction of trail to Otter Pond, ME

Finish: Route 15, Monson, ME

Elevation gain: 3,455'


A day of slack packing while I waited for my new shoes to arrive. Poet, one of the owners of Shaw's Hostel, shuttled me to a trail that would join with the AT after a 0.8-mile climb. Then I turned left and headed south to Monson.


It was raining lightly when I started, and after some climbing, it was obvious that the hills were cloud covered.


The sun never made an appearance, but it wasn't too cold despite the rain.

Route from my Suunto.


And anothet pair of adidas Terrex X-Kings is being retired after 500 miles; these were worked over well by the rocks of the White Mountains and southern Maine. Still, the shoes remained intact, proving how tough they are.

1 comment:

  1. I am following your progress Fred... hang in there, and enjoy the nice days and trails.
    Joan and I climbed Katahdin in....June 1975...41 years ago. Got to summit in a snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete