Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Days 107 - 121/July 17 to August 31

Miles hiked: Zero


Enjoying my two-week break at home with my wife. My right leg is healing well, so I plan to spend August 1st getting down to Waynesboro, VA. From there, I'll get shuttled up to Swift Run Gap and begin my hike south to Springer Mountain--some 906.8 miles away. 

In the meantime, I'm still working on a new backpack and some gear, all designed to reduce my load considerably. The fact that it will be hot and humid in the south, for the next couple of months allows me to carry less clothing, of course, but I'm also working to reduce my weight by leaving other things behind, like my poles and camp shoes.

Here's my current list of gear and clothing.  That's a substantial drop from the 22-25 pounds that I used before.


No comments:

Post a Comment