Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 99/July 9

Miles hiked: 11.70 in 7:21

Start: Chairback Gap Lean-to, ME

Finish: Sidney Tappan Campsite, ME

Elevation gain: 2,835'



Another overcast, dreary day with few photo ops, the best coming when I stopped to pee:

But there was a pleasant surprise later when I set up my tent in the rain--there was a group of 14-16-year-olds from a camp that pulled in just after I did. The air was immedistely filled with giggles an lots of laughter as they set up their tents and a tarp.

Two of them came over to apologize for the noise, which I assured them was not bothering me at all--just as long as they would fall asleep at some time.

And then they invited me to join them for dinner later, as they had way too much pasta for them to eat. Pasta? How could I refuse.

In a little while, Giggles, a thru hiker would join the dinner, too.

The camp girls are doing a 300-mile section hike and get resupplied at just about all road crossings, even in the 100-mile wilderness.

They seemed to be having a blast. The two adult guides were called Good Mom and Worst Mom, although they were both friendly and kind souls in my opinion.

Route from my Suunto.

No comments:

Post a Comment