Sunday, June 12, 2016

Day 72/June 12

Miles hiked: 2.9 in 58 minutes

Start: Ethan Pond Campsite, NH

Elevation gain: 200'

Finish: Crawford Notch, US 302, NH


A short quick trip out to Crawford Notch, where I intended to catch the AMC shuttle to Appalachia Trailhead in Randolph, where I would spend the night at Doug Mayer's house. 

But as I was leaving the Ethan Pond Campsite, I met the two young guys from Tennessee, plus Wolfman, all of whom had stopped to get water from the pond. 

We started hiking out together, with the two brothers from Tennessee setting a very fast pace. I could barely keep up. But I did learn that they, along with Wolfman, were stopping at 302 and had rides over to Gorham.

Turns out that Wolfman was the thru hiker who helped the couple on Franconia Ridge, and they were now shuttling him back to the White Mountains Lodge & Hostel in Gorham, so I weaseled my way into a ride from them. They were really pleasant people and even drove me right to Doug's house. I may see them at the Salt Pub in Gorham tonight, as Doug and I are headed there, too.

In my rush to keep with the other thru hiker heading to US 302, I forgot to start my Suunto when I got on the AT from the shelter, so today's link is a bit lame--only the last 0.39 miles.

Route from my Suunto.


No comments:

Post a Comment