Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 74/June 14

Miles Hiked: 11.0 in 7:48

Start: Crawford Notch, Route 302, NH

Finish: Lake of the Clouds Hut, NH

Elevation gain: 6,604'


The weather improved a bit, so it was time to get going. When I started the long, 2.8-mile climb, to Mt. Webster, it was raining lightly and the clouds were covering the mountain. The rain soon ended, and the views improved.





There were a few rain showers that rolled through, but nothing overwhelming.

When I got to the Lake of the Clouds, I asked for work for stay, and despite that fact that at least three or four thru hikers were already there, I was given a slot.

So out of the rain, wind, and cold; got to sleep on the dining hall floor and eat leftovers after dinner.

And the sunset from inside the hut was quite nice, too:


Route from my Suunto.

No comments:

Post a Comment