Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 22/April 22 -- a long day, but with a light pack--I love it.

Miles hiked: 19.06 in 7:28

Start: Routes 11 & 30, Manchester, VT

Finish: Forest Service Road 71, Stratton, VT

Elevation gain: 3,796'


A great day since I was slack packing. :-)

A gentle climb from Route 11 up to Spruce Peak, followed by rolling terrain down to Lye Brook. From there it was over to Stratton Pond before the long climb to Stratton Mountain, elevation 3,940'.

Bridge over Lye Brook:


Unfortunately, there was no one at Stratton Pond, no one at Stratton Mountain, and no one else on the AT at all today.

My only encounter with anything living while on the hike:



Colette drove up Arlington Stratton Road to pick me up, but at the last minute, I decided to do the two miles extra that would take me to Forest Service Road 71. Alas, we didn't realize it was gated, so Colette had to run up to meet me and I added another 3/4ers of a mile walking down to the car. At least it was a downhill. 

Route from my Suunto.

No comments:

Post a Comment