Monday, April 25, 2016

Day 25/April 25 -- another ZERO day, but not a waste

Miles Hiked: 0


A day off from the trails, but I spent a good deal of time reviewing my gear and pack based on my recent experience. I'm trying to cut the pack weight down considerably, which will be helped primarily by the warmer weather in Virginia.

On Friday, I will travel to the northern portion of the Shenandoah National Park and start my hike northbound from Swift Run Gap. That is far enough north to not be restricted by the recent fires that are burning in the SNP.

Tomorrow, though, I will be back in Vermont for one more day of hiking--this time close to the Killington Ski Resort.

1 comment:

  1. For lightweigh backpacking n AT check out Kurt's blog http://onestepoutdoors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete